Members of the Friends of Mount Athos are invited to participate in a one-day visit to the Monastery of Saint John the Baptist, Tolleshunt Knights, Essex, CM9 8EZ on Saturday 30 June 2018. By way of a donation, there will be a charge of £10.00 per participant. This can be given to Dimitri Conomos in cash on the day. In addition, there is a box in the Library for any who may wish to make personal donations. The Programme (subject to small changes) will be as follows:
- 11am: Arrival. Morning coffee and tea in the Refectory. Welcome from the abbot, Fr Kyrill. Guided tour around the Monastery.
- 1 pm: Lunch. Food will be provided by the Monastery.
- 2 pm: A talk by a member of the community. Visit to the old Church.
- 4 pm: Afternoon tea and coffee in the Refectory.
- 5pm: Departure. Visitors who wish to stay for a part or all of the Vigil in Saint Silouan's Church, beginning at 5 pm, may do so. Those who stay for the Vigil are also invited to stay for the evening meal, taken in the Refectory, directly after the church service.
5 Moreton Road, Oxford OX27AX email@example.com 01865-557191 or 07958-319375Note: Those wishing to be driven by minibus from Oxfordshire, please inform Dimitri Conomos. Expenses for hire and fuel will be shared among the travellers. Those wishing to travel by public transport should catch a train from Liverpool Street station to Witham, where there is a taxi rank. Kelvedon is closer but has no taxi rank.